Tuesday, December 21, 2010

hermit. i. am.

This year I decided to make all my Christmas presents. So far I've been able to figure out something to make for about 80% of my Christmas present recipients. Boys are kind of hard to craft for.. girls are usually totally down for a homemade skirt, jewelry, or something... but Boys just don't have the same appreciation for such things. So anyways, I've really enjoyed just sewing and painting and crafting my life away the last couple days. All day at work today I looked forward to going home, making a cup of tea, sitting criss-cross-applesauce (hehe) on the floor and finishing my lil painting of a present, and then migrating to my sewing machine and sewing the night away. Last night I was up until 4am sewing. crazy times. I didn't even notice how late it was until I realized I'd listened to the Sufjan Stevens Christmas album twice. One time through is about 2 hours... and I knew I started listening to it at about 11:30pm, so WHEW the time sure flew by!
So what I'm saying is that I'm very content with not leaving my apartment (or my lil craft corner) for large amounts of time... but I thiiiiink I'm going to force myself to leave and go to a Christmas party that starts here in a bit. It's going to be tough. I've really begun to like my little hermit crab life.
Hermits are neat. But you know what are cooler? Muppets. yeah. no explanation needed.
I love Christmas!
ciao bellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment